Sorry for the long time between posts, I have been having too much fun!!
Friday 20 May 2011
Really long drive from Venice to Rome, we stopped so many times it was stupid. Watched Russel Crowe in Gladiator on the bus to set the mood. Checked into Camping Roma in my permanent house tent, it was the most disgusting room I had ever seen, sharing with two filthy boys, so i asked to change into a room with my Busabout friend Kirsty. Got some cheap red wine and a salad from the supermarket across the road, and had a picnic by the pool.
Saturday 21 May 2011
Did the Romeing All Over Tour today, Tad our guide was a very entertaining American guy who really knew his shit. He pumped info out for a solid 5 hours, we covered the Circo Massimo, Jewish quarter, the pantheon, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and got a great story about the entertainment we could expect in the colosseum. Fantastic! Ate the most expensive gelato of my life, lucky it was delicious. Had an amazing Parmesan and pepper pasta with kirsty before checking out the Trevino Fountain and the Spanish steps. All very touristy. Back at the campsite i got all dressed up for a big night at the bar but no one wanted to play :(
Sunday 22 May 2011
Emotional meltdown! Traveling non stop plus spiders in my jocks plus slugs all over the tent plus sunscreen that won't rub in and gets mess all over my clothes resulted in a small tantrum. after pulling myself together i went back into Rome and visited the inside of the places we saw yesterday in the tour. The ruins of the palatine hill and the roman forum were really cool, but I especially loved seeing the colosseum, it was immense and a really cool thing to be standing inside a massive stadium built so many years ago. Stopped in at an out of the way restaurant and had the most amazing mushroom risotto and a glass of Shiraz! Awesome!!! Met some Aussies from goondiwindi back at the campsite who were all bitching about their mate's girlfriend. She is a nightmare to travel with apparently! Sucks to be them.
Monday 23 May 2011
Achieved very little today. More gelato... Tried to visit 2 galleries but the first one I needed to book in advance and second one was closed on Monday's! So I strolled through a market and bought myself a present at a cool little jewellery stall. In bed by 8pm coz I have a 5am transfer to the airport... Greek islands here I come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment