Sunday, 26 June 2011

Italian Adventure Tour

Friday 10 June 2011
Head down to Sorrento for the Italian Adventure tour this morning. On the way we stop at Pompeii which is fricken awesome!! I thought Ephesus was great and this was a thousand times better, so well preserved and stretches on for ages! It was easy to imagine what it might have been like in the old days. It was a bit grisly looking at the plaster casts of the people who died there complete with bones and teeth in place, yuck! Had a truly fantastic Margherita pizza for lunch. 
We arrived in Sorrento about 4pm, and went for a little walk through town. It's such a quaint place, so pretty, you can see past the touristy spots and see real southern Italian culture. I loved it. We had beautiful views of mount Vesuvius. We went to a lemoncello tasting which blew my head off and I bought some lemon covered almonds which I briefly considered sending home as a gift but wisely decided to eat them myself, Haha! 
After some quick window shopping we went to a nice little restaurant for a traditional Italian 4 course meal which was delicious. 

Saturday 11 June 2011
A little boat came to our campsite to take us to Capri today. But I pissed off Apollo by sacrificing a mere apple to improve the weather and the heavens opened and we got stuck in a massive thunderstorm and had to come into a marina further down the coast. So the little boat was now not able to take us any further and we bussed back to Sorrento port and got a big ferry over to the island instead. Lucky we persisted because it turned sunny as we arrived. Did a bit of looking around and Loz buzzed on a few doorbells looking for Keanu. Haha! 
Spent the arvo at the marina piccola sun baking on a pebbly beach, got a photo of the hairiest man I have ever seen! 
We did the touristy thing and got a cool convertible 6 seat taxi back to the main port for our ferry home.

Sunday 12 June 2011
We started out early for our long drive back along the amalfi coast. It was so beautiful and really lived up to its reputation as one of the top 5 drives in the world. Lots of photo stops along the way. Little amalfi town is very cute, drank water from the boobie of the chick in the town fountain! Took a little boat ride along the amalfi coast and saw some houses of famous people, the scenery was beautiful and so different from that vantage point. But the highlight was when the drive into the Pandora grotto which was a beautiful turquoise colour and there were these fantastic bright orange corals growing on the cave walls along the water line. We did have to share the boat with a tour group of oldies, whose tour guide got on the mike and spoke shit for the whole trip. I got a bit seasick But definitely well worth it. On the drive back to Roma we watched A Beautiful Life and i enjoyed it a lot, except for the ending which was sad...

Monday 13 June 2011
The only thing I did today was go for a pizza with krystelle, who had a fight with the waiter coz they tried to overcharge us, then saw the inside of the pantheon then ate the biggest cup of gelati I have ever had. Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment