Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Santorini to Ios, Or How to Lose Your Voice in 4 Days.

Thursday 2 June 2011
We arrive in Ios around lunch time, I am SO glad upgraded coz my private room is awesome! It was so worth the extra money. And there were even some English speaking shows on TV. But I didn't stay in there long, straight into my swimmers and down to the pool for cocktails to postpone the hangover from Santorini. The place we are staying is a little way out of town, right on the beach, beautiful sandy beaches for ages and the sun just warm enough but not too hot. Perfect!
Took the bus in around 11 that night for our Busabout pub crawl. At the first pub we had to lie back on the bar while the round ol English bartender poured vodka down our gob. And so the fun begins....
The music was terrible but I have gotten used to that, the same songs played in all the pubs multiple times each night, and the same playlist each night I was there! Haha. 

Friday 3 June 2011
Kayaking around the island is the best way to be hungover. The water was so clear and fresh and we had BBQ Greek sausages on a little rocky beach and went snorkeling and chilled out. Then we paddled some more and this time I WASNT too chicken to jump off a cliff into the water. It was scary, and I felt like i was falling for ages, but it was fun. Except I hurt my tailbone again coz i hit the water funny and it is still sore 2 weeks later. Paddle paddle paddle... Swim wim, Sun baking, sleepy sleepy... SUNBURN!!!
Another highlight of the trip, such a great day. 
Backed it up again tonight, went to all the same pubs, listened to all the same music. The bars are all so tiny, little white rooms all piled on top of one another. It has a really fun atmosphere, just bar hopping from one place to the next. My favorite was Orange Bar, they make all their own awesome flavored shots. I had the highway to hell, which has 3 types of evil shit in it, and they set it on fire and you drink it through a straw! Woo! 

Saturday 4 June 2011
 Had to say goodbye to my Busabout friends today coz they were leaving but i had another 2 nights, it was sad. But had a nice lunch with the girls at Karma bar overlooking the beach, it was beautiful and tasty! Hooray for bacon and eggs!!!
Power nap and let's go for round 3!!
did all the same bars again, but this time we went to Slammer bar. I got a drink bought for me where they put a helmet on you, you drink this foamy tequila thing, then they smash you in the head with a crate, or a fire extinguisher or a mallet or the bartender gets up on the bar and boots you in the head!! Hahah that was unexpected but fun.

Sunday 5 June 2011
I am so crook today. I am definitely not going out tonight....
Ok only for 1 drink so I can see the twirling fire show, but then I am going home straight after...
Ok just one more drink...
HECK NO I am not going back home yet! I see you tomorrow! Yeehaaaaaa!

Monday 6 June 2011
Half hour late to checkout hehehe!!
Had such an amazing time on Ios, so sad to go and get back into hoofing it thru europe. Leaving with amazing memories and some crazy photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment