Tuesday 24 May 2011
It's so fricken early, got shuttle to the airport at 5 and then sat around for my flight at 8.30. Finally I went through and down the gangplank onto the BUS??? Very odd... They bus you out to the planes which sit in the middle of the bitumen. Arriving in Athens was interesting, can't read any signs, but managed to get myself to the train station and then into the centre of town.
I was staying in the most dangerous part of the city, which I found out after i arrived. It was gross. I ventured out for lunch but didn't have the courage to go out again so just ate a muesli bar and some mentos for dinner. I saw People shooting up heroin on the street, drug deals in broad daylight, prostitutes working working their magic (not good sorts), rubbish everywhere, I even walked past a man stealing a convertible car. Just look the other way and keep going! But the hostel had free Internet so I got heaps of stuff organised which had been piling up and had nice chats online with some friends. There was one key per dorm room, so the chicky in my room who was going out in town took the key so she wouldn't bother me when she got back later on, except she failed to come back at all and I got locked in my dorm room.
No comments:
Post a Comment