Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Mykonos to Paros

Sunday 29 May 2011
We arrived in sleepy little Paros, checked into our hostel which is run by Lily this Irish lady who is mad as a cut snake. Busts out with the F and C words like they are punctuation marks, she whacked me on the butt, slapped some guy on the shoulder coz he tried to give her some back, give up mate!! Haha she is so cool.
Got my laundry done coz I had no clothes left, oh my CHRIST!!! 18 euro after discount. Whatevs, at least i didn't have to do it. Nicks burgers in 
Paros is so amazing, I had the best chicken burger of my life there. Had a little sun bake and more icecream! 
We went to a restaurant on the other side of the island for dinner and while the food was 5 out of 10 I did have an amazing time doing the Greek dancing and smashing plates everywhere!! Hahaha! Take that bitches!! The sunset was pretty lovely also. I danced so vigorously I lost my necklace, the one Dave and Sasha gave me! But it got returned to me the next day. That's twice now I have found something I lost on this trip!! Lucky!

Monday 30 May 2011
We had a full day of cruising around the island of Antiparos today. We got on a beautiful big boat, motored around to various swimming spots which were beautiful. It was quite cold but I am so glad I got in, it was so relaxing.  We drank homemade wine, stopped on a secluded beach for some more swimming, sun baking, ouzo, and barbecue lunch where I tried some char grilled octopussy. I even got to drive the boat for about 5 seconds, Sailor Sonn! On the way back home we stopped at a massive cliff where some people jumped into the water, but I was a big chicken. Left my towel on the beach coz I was a bit tipsy and forgetful. Dammit! Had an amazing day, such a highlight of the whole trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment