Tuesday 31 May 2011
3 hours on the ferry to Santorini today, lame!
Got my elbows out and pushed an old lady down the stairs to make sure I got a comfy seat so I could snooze :)
our little hotel is very nice, I am sharing with Eleanor and hayley from UK and Melissa from Canada and we have a cute little terrace overlooking the town where we sipped on a Mythos before heading out for dinner. Our restaurant was stuck in the side of the cliff overlooking the volcano and the sunset was like nothing I had seen before, spectacularly beautiful. I Cut sick on the photos, gotta get the perfect shot!
More lame music at the bar.
Wednesday 1 June 2011
We did a big tour around santorini today, starting with the highest point on the island for amazing views. Stopped down at the black beach and had an amazing omelette followed by cocktails (on holidays you are allowed cocktails before noon!) The water was beautiful and the little fishies swam right up to us. Then drove round to the red beach. It was red. Then my favorite part was the wine tasting at Santo Winery. It is right up on the ridge, the clouds were low and actually blew right through where we were sitting, it was so cool! These fools on the table next to us bought the big taster, with 6 wines, but didn't even touch half of them and then left! THEY DON'T DESERVE WINE!!! So we pinched them and got extra haha!
Finished off the day with a sunset picnic at Oia which is the spot you see in most of the Santorini postcards. It was so beautiful.
Hayley and I found a cool bar with good old school music and the barman gave us free shots and we got free popcorn! And free beer! But then the music got shit, so we bailed. Great night, got home giggling :)
No comments:
Post a Comment