Sunday 19 June 2011
It was a long drive to Nice. We drove past Monaco and looked at the pretty and expensive houses/boats. As soon as we arrived we dumped our bags and hit the shopping street. I popped my H &M cherry and got some cheap white clothes to wear for running of the bulls, and we wandered down to the beach, past a number of street performers (Michael Jackson is alive!) and some weird plastic bag dancing protest of some sort. There are lots of tits out on Nice beach, and also a lot of dirty perves standing up on the boardwalk having a good look. There was a $1 spaghetti deal on at the hostel so got stuck into that and then had a few drinks before we went out to Wayne's bar. I have only 3 clear memories of this night, and one includes me standing in the bathroom with my scarf tied around my waist while I clean red wine off my new white skirt in the basin.
Monday 20 June 2011
Oooooh it hurts!! Maccas for brekky. A bit of a wander down by the beach and I find a cool retro market. Spent a bit of time catching sun on the beach and then had to retreat to my bed coz I had too much fun the previous night. A bit more retail therapy to soothe me before dinner, followed by a nutella crepe, I am getting a bit of a nutella habit too!
Tuesday 21 June 2011
Jenny and i wanted to go visit Antibes today. We mucked around for a while so didnt get to the station until half 10. We struggled with the French speaking ticket machines for a bit but gave up and went to ask the information desk for help. She told us no there are no English speaking machines but she told us what to select for a return ticket.
So back we go armed with this information and get a bit further through the process, but we used a machine that only accepts payment from a special travel card, so bombed out when trying to pay. So i went to a yellow machine with "change" written on the side to get change for a 20 euro note so I could use the ticket machine that takes coin payment. When LO what do I discover but a big union jack sign... So I click it and magically all the words turn into English and I can actually understand this lovely yellow machine!! We fumble our way thru and get two single tickets to Antibes for the next train just after 11am! great success!! We work out which platform we need and then wait excitedly for the train to roll in. Once seated on the train we wait and we wait and we wait... Then someone says something in French over the
PA and then a whole bunch of people start exiting the train and looking at the TV screens with confused expressions... Finally a girl explains to us that there has been an incident on the track and there are no trains leaving in that direction for an hour! Dammit! The sign says "retard indetermine" which was funny... We wait it out back at the hostel which thankfully is only just down the road. But trains are still not running in an hour, or an hour after that... But I really wanted to visit Antibes, so we try again once more for the 1.45pm train and it actually leaves the station just after 2, high 5!!! Despite all the fucking around and unhelpful help points and delays I wasn't stressed, nothing much worries me these days.
Antibes is lovely, we strolled through the marina looking at the big boats or yachts or whatever, and pretended i was very rich and the boats belonged to me.... Mmmmmm... Found an English bookstore in town and got a crime novel to read on the beach. There was a sandy beach and the water was lovely and the hotties were out in force, and i had a fantastic gelato... it was well worth the wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment