Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Athens to Mykonos

Wednesday 25 May 2011
5.30 start today. Lugged my shitful heavy piece of crap bags to the metro, and rode down to the Piraeus Port. Our ferry to Mykonos was 5 hours long!
The islands were nothing like I imagined, they were quite barren and rocky, terribly narrow streets and lots of little rock walls seemingly partitioning nothing? We are staying at paradise beach, about 20 minute busride from town. I checked into my dog kennel and decided it wasn't for me, so upgraded  to a private room with a double bed and fridge and own bathroom and aircon!! Luxury!! I am so looking forward to this relaxing time in the Greek islands, gonna treat myself a bit. 
We went on the walking tour of Mykonos town with our guide, got lots of Greek mythological stories and a history of the town. I really liked the old school windmills overlooking the ocean. We had dinner at a flasho restaurant and I had the most amazing grilled fetta with spicy chilli and garlic and capsicum oh my GOD!! It hit my taste buds for 6 and I made many inappropriate noises as I gorged myself on it's goodness. I spent at least 10 minutes on skype with mum and dad the nest day saying how amazing this cheese was. So good!! 
Then we went to a cocktail bar in Little Venice overlooking the water which was pretty cool, and went to some other lame places playing the worlds most annoying pop music that made my ears bleed. I tried drinking lots to help me enjoy it but I turned into Sonia the Grouch so took myself home quick smart!! 

Thursday 26 May 2011
Weather is shit. But I am enjoying looking around little Mykonos town with Kristy and Howie from the shire. Had lunch overlooking the old port. Got a surprise when I ordered the chicken salad... It's like potato salad but with chicken instead, so it was all creamy instead of leafy. Unexpected but delicious!

Friday 27 May 2011
Weather is still shit. It's such a windy island normally, but when there is no sun, there is also no fun. Nothing interesting happened today except I shared a chocolate strawberry crepe with Sarah And it was delicious!!

Saturday 28 May 2011
did nothing today. Parked my butt in a chair looking over the beach, copped a little bit of sun, read my book, and then had a few drinks on the beach with new Busabout friends

No comments:

Post a Comment