Tuesday 17 May 2011
After nearly missing the bus this morning and being lucky enough to get my wallet back I have decided to be very moderate in Venice and keep my wits about me. Plus it's the most expensive city in Italy apparently so I want to keep costs down too, my money is vanishing into thin air!
Wednesday 18 May 2011
Took the shuttle into Venice city, about a 20 minute trip. I started to wander around a little bit but then decided this is definitely not a city where I want to walk around by myself the whole day, so I got a slice of pepperoni pizza and a scoop of pistachio gelato and walked back to the shuttle pickup point to meet up with some other Busabout people who were coming in an hour after me. The 5 of us spent the whole day wandering around the canals, and trying to avoid sunburn. We walked through the basilica, adorned all over in golden mosaic tiles, very pretty. More gelato was in order, this time the most chocalatey chocolate I have ever tasted, plus berry and put together tasted like cherry ripe. We put our cash together and went on a small gondola ride through the back canals, but our little gondolier took us out on the grand canal even though we hadn't paid the extra for that. Very cool. We went past Casanova's palace and also the palace where Napoleon stayed. Got some supplies from the supermarket and then got back to camp around 8. Our roommate came back drunk and got stuck into our Fonzies while we slept, BITCH!!
Thursday 19 May 2011
Entire day spent by the pool, swimming and sunbaking and drinking lots of beers. Ordering pizza whilst under the influence is a bad idea, I ended up with anchovies on mine!! Terrible!!!!!!!!!!
Toga party tonight, I didn't dress up, snuck out after one beer and went to bed, I remember all too well how dangerous it is to drink the night before bus travel. Seems I was the only person to sleep alone in their own bed anyway!
oh the memories of hurling my belongings into my backpack and rushing to catch the bus and making it by 7.59am after a big night out - you pay for it with the unplanned early exercise but the reward is a spot on the bus avoiding the evils from the tour guide haha - how do I sign up to this blog thing??? Michelle xx
ReplyDelete