Longest bus ride ever! 11 hours all up. But our guide was good and didn't muck around, just got the DVDs cranking from the get go. Many warnings about the pickpockets in Barcelona, they kept drumming it into us. Went for tapas with Jenny from Melbourne, and it was AMAZING!!

Garlic mushrooms were my favourite. We went out to a travelers bar, full of bloody aussies, kiwis and Canadians and joined in the trivia, we missed the whole first section and still came 4th!


We got back to the hostel around midnight but I wasn't ready for bed so convinced Shane to come out for just 1 more drink. Turned out to be a terrible idea coz he got his wallet pinched on the walk to the bar, sneaky bugger took it out of his front pocket!
Thursday 23 June 2011
Bike tour today, although I don't feel up to it. Stopped for the worlds most amazing hangover busting felafel pita pocket, then got our sweet bikes and kicked off.

Had such a great roll around town, starting here at city hall. Our guide was great and gave us lots of history, which hurt my brain.
This is barcelona's version of the arch de triumph


This cool fountain is in some park...

The sagrada familia by Goudi, looks like the stone is melting. So cool!

We stopped of at the beach for lunch and sangria.


Tonight is our Spanish cooking class, but we didnt actually cook anything, false advertising! It was still good though, we put some cold tapas together and they were quite tasty, then we watched old mate the chef show us how to make paella and we learned how to make sangria too. I got the whole squid head in my Portion.... Ewwww!

Then it was back to the beach where this massive festival was taking place. It was a shambles! 4km of beach was completely filled with revelers out of their minds, little kids blowing up fireworks everywhere, I could imagine it was like running through a war zone.
DJs and bands played all along the boardwalk. It was such an amazing party and got home well after the sun came up.

Friday 24 June 2011
I woke up at 11 to the cleaner yelling at me coz I was supposed to be out by 10, I had only managed to score a bed for 2 nights and was going to have to wing It for the 3rd night. This was a terrible experience, I had to pack all my stuff whilst enduring the most intense hangover in recent memory. I got down to reception and asked one more time if they might have a bed for the night. By the grace of the gods of partying they had a cancellation and I had a bed in a new room! I could have cried I was so happy, I couldn't face the thought of trekking around Barcelona with my heavy horrible bags to find a new place when everything was full up. Slept until dinner, more tapas naturally!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment