Saturday, 23 April 2011

Brisbane to Istanbul

I endured 24 hours of straight travel and retained my sanity!!
It was hard to say goodbye to everyone at the airport and I cried for a good hour once I sat down on the plane. Once I got to Singapore though I started to have fun. The flights with Emirates were great, good food and lots of good movies and shows to keep me busy. On flight from Dubai to Istanbul I sat next to Nick who also flew from Brisbane and we had a great chat over a few Jamiesons.
SOOO glad i had a transfer booked in advance, with an english speaking guide riding along. The Hotel I had booked had actually reserved me a room in their sister hotel around the corner and it was all very confusing but my little guide sorted it all out for me. I was too strung out to try and organise dinner so I ate the muffin I had saved from the flight and went straight to bed.
This morning had brekky real early (the little man working in the dining room was enjoying his cigarette whilst laying out the food!!) and another driver took me to Conrad hotel where I met up with the tour people and met my roommate Sandy. She's got a daughter my age and came on this tour solo also. We went for a long walk along the waterfront, had an interesting time ordering food at a cafe where you cant read the menu and the waiters dont speak English. The Tulip Festival is on for the next few days so there are beautiful flowers blooming all over town.
Found out today the little adapter I bought to connect my SD cards to my iPad wont work, because i stupidly updated the iPad software before i left. So no pics on the blog til I figure out a workaround.
I just booked my hotel in Bucharest, going to get the overnight train there from Istanbul after this turkish tour is finished.

ok enough for now... will check in again after Anzac Day.

2 comments:

  1. Almost Anzac Day :)
    xoxo
    patcho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooooo! Love the bit about eating the muffin from the plane - I have soooooo been there :D

    Love you Loads, Sonn, have an amazing time and savour all the different things you're getting to look at, and taste and hear and feel. Really looking forward to haring more (Mum forwarded your email)

    Hope you enjoyed Anzac day. ther was footage of the Aussies over there, but they missed your face - booooo!

    Love and hugs,

    Kris xoxoxox

    PS. For eating in Turkey - the pictures are good when english isn't there to help heheh.

    ReplyDelete